Photos Digitized to Image Files
MVP will scan your photos so you can preserve, print, post online or edit on your computer.
- All services are completed here in our Indianapolis office. Your photos are NOT shipped to another company or another state.
- We will scan each photo at 600 dpi and create a digital image file.
- Images will be saved as JPG files or choose TIF files for higher quality.
- Need it FAST? Next day and same day service is available.
Photo Scanning - What we do:
- Each photo (up to 8x10) will be scanned at 600 dpi and saved as a digital image file.
- TIF Files: We scan and work with your images as TIF files to ensure maximum quality. TIF files are uncompressed files and are very large, but this provides a better quality final image.
- Rotation: We will rotate each image to its proper orientation.
- Cropping: Each image will be cropped to the edges.
- Color Correction: Each image will be color corrected to bring out the lost colors. We do this MANUALLY with EACH PHOTO. This is not an automated process.
- Red-eye Removal: Whenever possible, red-eye will be removed from photos.
- Images: Your final digital images can be saved as JPG or TIF files.
What's the difference between JPG and TIF files?
JPG Files TIF Files Best for emailing, posting online and basic printing Best for archiving and photo restoration Smaller file sizes Larger file sizes Viewable with most all image software Not as compatible with consumer software
- Custom Folder Names: Your images will be placed in folders and each folder will be name with the title subject you choose (100+ per folder). Each image file within that folder will also be named with the same title and an added sequence number at the end for easy reference.
Standard Photo Scanning
up to 8x10, 600 dpi
Quantity Price per photo 1 - 10 2.49 11 - 49 1.09 50 - 99 .75 100 - 499 .60 500 - 999 .58 1000 - 1999 .55 2000 + .53 $10 minimum
- Delivery: Once cleaning is complete your digital images are ready for delivery. You can choose:
- Digital Delivery: We will send you a link to download all your images and store them on your computer (free).
- USB Drive: Bring in a drive and we will copy your images to it for free, or we can provide one for you (prices vary).
- Data Disc: We will burn your images to a disc for safekeeping ($8). You can also get additional copies to share with family and friends.
- Of course, you also receive your original photos back too.
- Scanning prices are based on quantity and have some limitations on size and condition. For most photos, see the price chart. There are NO SETUP CHARGES.
- Photos larger than 8x10 have different rates.
- Note: Photos that are sticky, curled, fragile or non-rectangular may require Special Handling at a different rate.
Tips on preparing your photos for scanning:
- Remove photos from albums and frames (to avoid special handling charges).
- Group your photos by year, event or date ranges (if you like), and we will place them in separate folders (minimums apply).
- If you prefer to just bring in a box of photo, that's fine too. Grouping your photos by size can help protect them from folded corners.
- Sticky photos? Place a piece of paper on the back to cover the sticky residue. This will protect your other photos from getting sticky when you stack them. This is a very important step if your photos are sticky.
- Avoid using paper clips which can scratch the photo's surface.
- Rubberband each group together or use large envelopes.
- We can also scan the back of photos to preserve handwriting. Simply put a sticky note on the BACK marked "Scan". (Never use a Sharpie to write on photos or notes, because the ink can come off on the face of your other photos.)
- If you are shipping your order, we recommend place all the photos in a large zippered bag to protect them during shipment.