Slides Scanned and Converted to Image Files
MVP will scan each of your slides and create a digital file that your can print, email or post online.
- All work is done here in our Indianapolis office. Your slides are NOT shipped to another company or another state.
- Each slide is scanned at 2400 dpi (Many other companies only scan at 2000 dpi. A higher resolution means higher quality.)
- Higher scanning resolutions are also available, up to 12800 dpi.
- Need it FAST? Next day and same day service is also available.
Slide Scanning - What we do:
- Physical Cleaning: Dust is the enemy of slides. Even the smallest particle of dust can look large when scanned at high resolution. We gently wipe each slide, then blow both sides with compressed air to clean off debris. Though removing all dust is impossible, this physical cleaning allows your images to look their best.
- Each slide will be scanned at 2400 dpi and saved as an image file.
- TIF Files: We scan and work with your images as TIF files to ensure maximum quality. TIF files are uncompressed files and are very large, but this provides a better quality final image.
- Rotation: We will rotate each image to its proper orientation and flip it (left or right) to the correct side (when possible)
- Cropping: Each image will be cropped to the edges.
- Color Correction: Each image will be color corrected to bring out the lost colors. We do this MANUALLY with EACH SLIDE. This is not an automated process.
- Digital Cleaning: Lastly, we will do some light touch-up work in Photoshop.
- Images: Each digital image will be saved to a file. You can choose to have your images as JPG or TIF files.
What's the difference between JPG and TIF files?
JPG Files TIF Files Best for emailing, posting online and basic printing Best for archiving and photo restoration Smaller file sizes Larger file sizes Viewable with most all image software Not as compatible with consumer software
- Custom Folder Names: Your images will be placed in folders and each folder will be name with the title subject you choose (100+ per folder). Each image file within that folder will also be named with the same title and an added sequence number at the end for easy reference.
- Delivery: Once cleaning is complete your digital images are ready for delivery. You can choose:
- Digital Delivery: We will send you a link to download all your images and store them on your computer (free).
- USB Drive: Bring in a drive and we will copy your images to it for free, or we can provide one for you (prices vary).
- Data Disc: We will burn your images to a disc for safekeeping ($8). You can also get additional copies to share with family and friends.
Quantity Price per slide 1 - 10 2.49 11 - 50 1.19 51 - 99 .99 100 - 499 .94 500 - 999 .89 1000 - 1999 .84 2000 + .79 For 35mm, 110 and 126 sizes.
$10 slide minimum
- Of course, you also receive your slides back too (if you like).
- Prices are based on slide type and total quantity. If you have 100 slides, then you get the 100+ rate for all your slides. These prices are for 35mm, 110, and 126 slide sizes. Glass slides, slides in metal frames and other slide sizes may have different rates. There are NO SETUP CHARGES.
How to prepare your slides:
- If your slides are in metal frames, you will want to remove them from the frames (to avoid special handling charges).
- You can leave your slides in carousels. We will remove them as we scan them.
- If you like, you can group your slides by year, event or date ranges, and rubberband them in stacks or place in slide boxes. We will place them in separate folders (minimums apply).
- You can also just bring in a box of slides if you prefer.
- If you are shipping your order, we recommend placing all the slides in a large zippered bag to protect them during shipment.
- Would you like to watch your slides as a video? See below.
Here is a sample of the color correction results of a digitized 35mm slide.
Slides to Video DVD Slideshow
We can also create a video slideshow with music to turn your slides into a memorable DVD or Blu-ray.
- After your slides are scanned and color corrected, we can edit a Video Slideshow of your images
- Each image will show for 5 seconds
- Images will dissolve from one to the next, giving your slideshow a smooth, professional feel
- Background music is included at no extra charge
- DVD master is $29
- DVD Duplications are $8 or less.