Photos Digitized to Image Files
Video MVP will scan your photos so you can preserve, print, post online or edit on your computer.
Photo Scanning to Digital40¢
- Up to 8x10
- 600 dpi scan
- File naming based on groups (50+)
- JPG files
$10 minimum. Other photo sizes have different rates.
Add Image Cleaning and Enhancement+ 29¢
- Color correction
- Red-eye removal
- Light digital touch-up work
• Higher resolution scans available. We also scan larger photos and prints.
"Excellent job and professional attitude. I was surprised they could improve the image quality of some of these old photos so much. I will use them again for digitizing a bunch of old slides I have from the years I lived overseas."
Your photos deserve the Video MVP difference.
- All work is done here in our office. Your photos are NOT sent to another company.
- Scanning: Each photo is scanned by hand (up to 8x10), will be digitized at 600 dpi, and saved as an image file.
Cleaning and Enhancment
- Rotation: We will rotate each image to its proper orientation.
- Cropping: Each image will be cropped to the edges.
- Color Correction: Each image will be color corrected to bring out the lost colors. We do this MANUALLY with EACH PHOTO. This is not an automated process.
- Digital Cleaning: We also do some light touch-up work to remove defects in the image.
- Images: Each digital image will be saved to a file.
Scanning of Large Prints and Oversized Photos
This photo from 1921 was nearly 3 feet long. We can digitize large photos as well as objects such as patches, awards, newspaper clippings and more. Oversized photos can be difficult to get scanned. We give large photos the same attention as we would a standard 4x6 photo. We can scan single images up to 12"x17".
"I want to thank you for quickly digitizing old family photos for me. The photos you digitized had been lost for many years and we were able to put them on his (father-in-law) large TV screen. He enjoyed sharing details of the family farm with his grandkids. Your extra effort was appreciated more than I can express."
Tips For Archiving Your Photos
- Remove photos from albums and frames (to avoid special handling charges).
- Group your photos by year, event or date ranges (if you like), and we will place them in separate folders (minimums apply). We can also scan photos in a specific order (additional fee).
- If you prefer to just bring in a box of photo, that's fine too. Grouping your photos by size can help protect them from folded corners.
- Sticky photos? Place a piece of paper on the back to cover the sticky residue. This will protect your other photos from getting sticky when you stack them. This is a very important step if your photos are sticky.
- Rubber band each group together or use large envelopes.
- Avoid using paper clips which can scratch the photo's surface.
- We can also scan the back of photos to preserve handwriting. Simply put a sticky note on the BACK marked "Scan Back". (Never use a Sharpie to write on photos or notes, because the ink can come off on the face of your other photos.)